How do I fill in and sign a document in 3 simple steps?
1) Convert that document to PDF format.
If the document is not already a PDF you can save it as a PDF as follows.
- For Word documents. Files -> Save As -> This PC -> select file type and give it a name.
- Google Docs. File -> Download -> PDF Document
If you have an office file (.docx) but you don’t have Office installed you can import it into a new G Doc file.
2) Install Foxit Reader, the free edition.
3) Configure/draw (with a mouse) your signature in Foxit Reader.
- open any PDF file, doesn’t matter if it is the one you want to sign or not
- go to PDF Sign tab (option found under Protect tab for some versions) and click on “+” icon to add a new signature
4) Apply the signature
- open the PDF you want to sign and go to the page where the signature is required
- go to PDF Sign tab, you should now find there your signature
- click on your signature and move the mouse course over the position where the signature must be applied
- double click to apply the signature and save the document. You’re done ;).
Here is a short video guide for the steps described at point #3.
5) Optional, how to fill in a PDF document.
- open the PDF with Foxit Reader and locate the page you need to fill in
- in the Home tab locate and click the “Typewriter” option
- click on the are of the page you want to fill in and start entering your text
- save the document. You’re done ;).